- “When this intimidating athlete is cut down to size, he'll adjust to being the supporting player instead of the star, and discover his strength isn't his most powerful weapon.”
- —Jumanji movie website
Finbar is Dr. Smolder Bravestone's sidekick. According to Nigel's information, he has never left Bravestone's side after Bravestone rescued him from the clutches of a warlord in the jungles of Peru. He earned his nickname "Mouse" from his small stature and apparent adorable personality.
His symbol on the player select screen is a backpack with pick-axes, reflecting his role as a weapons valet.
- Zoology: He is an expert on animal behavior and biology, giving helpful advice and knowledge on the various creatures of Jumanji.
- Weapons Valet: He carries a variety of weapons in his bag and gives them to Bravestone whenever he needs it.
- Cranial Assault:
- Cake: Consuming cake causes him to explode.
- Speed: He is a slow runner, possibly due to his backpack being loaded with weapons or because of his short stature or a combination of both.
- Strength: He was not strong when he slapped Bravestone in the face.
- He is the only avatar with more than one weakness.
- The Official Site adds Cranial Assault to his strengths.
- Finbar is likely the deuteragonist of Jumanji's video game form.
- Fridge initially chose Finbar as he misread his nickname as "Moose" thinking this would mean he is big and badass. He was shocked to discover he was short and he was actually called "Mouse."
- At first, when Finbar (Fridge) ate the pound cake at the Bazaar, he assumed his weakness of it was simply an addiction for it or an allergic reaction, only to then, a few moments later, explode.
- His symbol on the closing credits next to his actor's credit is a Mouse, referencing Finbar's affectionate nickname and his ironic ability to tame an Elephant when they are traditionally terrified of them.
|Welcome to the Jungle / The Next Level|
|Jumanji||Smolder Bravestone • Ruby Roundhouse • Franklin "Mouse" Finbar • Shelly Oberon • Seaplane McDonough • Nigel Billingsley|
|Brantford||Bethany Walker • Spencer Gilpin • Martha Kaply • Anthony Johnson • Alex Vreeke • Principal Bentley • Coach Webb • Lucinda • "Old Man" Vreeke • Eddie Gilpin • Milo Walker|
|Antagonists||Russell Van Pelt • Russell Van Pelt's Army|
|Animals||Rhinoceros • Elephant • Monkey • Crocodile • Bat • Mosquito • Spider • Jaguar • Hippopotamus • Zebra • Snake • Vulture • Orangutan|
|Objects||Board Game • Video Game • Jaguar's Eye • Pound Cake|
|Locations||Jumanji Realm • Brantford • Brantford High School • Bazaar • Jaguar Shrine • Parrish Treehouse • Transportation Shed • Vreeke House|